Dr. Kelly completed her Psychiatric residency in 1996. After residency she pursued research and further clinical training at UC Davis and University of Washington, including a Masters in Public Health. She has worked in academic settings and currently is a volunteer clinical instructor in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Washington, and a candidate in psychoanalysis at the National Institute for the Psychotherapies in New York. She has been in private practice in Seattle since 2003.
Education and Training:
Education and Training:
- Bachelors of Arts and Sciences: Stanford University
- Medical Degree: University of Minnesota
- Psychiatric Residency: University of California San Francisco
- Research Fellowship: University of California Davis
- Clinical Psychiatric Fellowship & Masters in Public Health: University of Washington, Seattle
- National Board Certified in Psychiatry 1998-present
- Psychoanalytic candidate, National Institute for the Psychotherapies New York City, 2019-present
- 1999 Kelly, R.H., Danielsen, B.H., Zatzick, D.F., Haan, M.N., Anders, T.F., Gilbert, W.M., Burt, V.K. Chart recorded psychiatric diagnoses in women giving birth in California in 1992. American Journal of Psychiatry, 156: 955-57.
- 1999 Kelly, R.H., Danielsen, B.H., Golding, J.M., Anders, T.F, Gilbert, W.M., Zatzick, D.F. Adequacy of prenatal care among women with psychiatric diagnoses giving birth in California in 1994 and 1995. Psychiatric Services, 50; 1584-1590.
- 1999 Kelly, R.H. Depression in Women Across the Reproductive Life Cycle. The Journal of the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill California, 10 (4); 16-18.
- 2000 Hilty, D.M., Kelly, R.H., Hales, R.E. Diagnosis and Treatment of Bipolar Disorder in Pregnant Women. Primary Care Update for OB/GYN’s 7;105-112, May/June.
- 2001 Kelly, R.H, Zatzick, D.F., Anders, T.F. The Detection and Treatment of Psychiatric and Substance Use Disorders Among Pregnant Women Cared For in Obstetrics. American J Psychiatry, 158; 213-219.
- 2001 Zatzick, D.F., Kang, S., Hinton, W.L., Kelly, R.H., Hilty, D.M., Franz, C.E., Le, L., Kravitz, R.L. Posttraumatic Concerns: A Patient Centered Approach to Outcome Assessment After Traumatic Physical Injury. Medical Care, 39:327-39.
- 2001 Kelly, R.H., Russo, J, Katon, W. Somatic Complaints among Pregnant Women Cared for in Obstetrics: Normal Pregnancy or Depressive/Anxiety Symptom Amplification Revisited? General Hospital Psychiatry, 23(3); 107-113.
- 2002 Kelly, R.H., Russo J, Holt VL, Danielson BH, Zatzick DF, Walker E, Katon W. Psychiatric and Substance Use Disorders as Risk Factors for Low Birth Weight and Preterm Delivery, Obstetrics & Gynecology 2002;100:297-304.
- 2005 Hilty, D.M., Leamon M.H., Lim, R.F., Kelly, R.H., Hales, RE. Diagnosis and Treatment of Bipolar Disorder in the Primary Care Setting. Primary Psychiatry.